Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

4 blinking lights on a dishwasher kitchenaid w10476363a

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Had a repair guy come out to fix the machine which was not working correctly and he left saying we need $450 worth of work to fix it. Now the machine just blinks 4 times, it no longer starts which it did before he got a hold of it. The problem I have is 1) I had to leave as he got there so I am relying on my cousin who was at the house but he commented that he took the face off to look at the control panel.
2) my cousin said he never pulled out a multi meter to test anything.
3) he left it in worse condition than he found it. it worked somewhat now it does not work at all.what is the 4 light flash so i can do this myself? it is my folks dishwasher and only 3 years old. they are 80 so I am worried this guy was just a con-man.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you. The error 4 means that the board detects that the wash motor is not energizing. There is a small fuse on the board that has likely opened, that is very common. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?