RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

Norcold N82xxx 120V & propane refrigerator panel indicates

Customer Question

Norcold N82xxx 120V & propane refrigerator panel indicates that there is no error code, but the refrigerator does not cool at all.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert...
Just so I understand the flame is going but it is not cooling, and it is not cooling on AC power? Do you have a voltmeter?
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Robert,
Yes I have a voltmeter
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.

OK

This can be an issue with the thermistor or cooling unit. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. For a blockage you might not have any cooling at all on BOTH sources for a rupture you might see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge, smell ammonia or hear a gurgle when you turn it on.

The thermistor could also be at fault and it can be tested, you will stick the sensor end into a cup of ice water and then unplug the connector inside the fridge that also controls the light and ohm the two wires back to the thermistor. Click HERE and it will show you how on page 20. IF the thermistor checks out good then I suspect the cooling unit is at fault, make sure the vent is also clear. The manual should help some. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit.... Robert