Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have the normal light blinking on my kitchenaid dishwasher

Customer Question

Hi Larry, I have the normal light blinking on my kitchenaid dishwasher
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is there a pattern to the flashing light? How many flashes between pauses? Slow or fast flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there is no pattern is just flushes continue
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After I reset the dishwasher it starts to work fine and after 1/2 hour it stops and the normal light starts blinking
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will try that and I will get back to you
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You bet, thank you! The heat and rubbing helps to dissipate and evaporate the moisture in the keypads that is causing the trouble.