RJ
RJ, Appliance Tech.
Experience:  Norcold, Dometic, Atwood, Suburban repairs
3862310

Model no.n61x/n81x refrigerator does not start when you

Customer Question

model no.n61x/n81x refrigerator does not start when you slide the switch to auto.the light does come on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is Robert....
Which light comes ON? And do the controls appear to be working but it is not cooling? Have you tried LP and if so is the flame going? Also is the ON led is flashing please let me know.
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i switch to propane both lights flash
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.
OK
The on light should produce a code, it would repeat, is it a constant flash OR repeating? (it would be a 3 second period number of blinks, pause and then start over)
Robert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
both lights flash constantly on propane but no lights flash on auto.the auto light stays on
Expert:  RJ replied 2 years ago.
OK
So in auto the fridge should always want to go to AC power. Go to the outside access panel and remove the cover, you will see the circuit board. On the circuit board will be some fuses, make sure you unplug the AC power cord before removing the cover. Check the fuses on the board. Next I would verify the plug int and make sure it has voltage also I would verify the DC voltage going into the fridge, make sure it is over 11 volts. IF you have good AC voltage, the fuses are good then I would next check the AC heating element, it can be ohmed out with a meter. IF that checks out bad circuit board. In auto it should always want to go to AC power, if AC power is not present then it will default to LP. Below is a link for you that is a service manual, copy and paste that into your browser and it will show you component location and how to test the heating element.... Hope this helps.... Robert
Link... http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncoldnnewnseries.pdf