Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Samsung dryer model #DV409AERXAA, S/N Y07M54BSA00237E. The

Customer Question

Samsung dryer model #DV409AERXAA, S/N Y07M54BSA00237E.
The dryer gages all light up but the drum does not turn nor the heat come on. The time seems to run down when on. Any suggestions? We are in Chazy NY 15 miles north of Plattsburgh. Address is xxxx xxxxxxxxxx xxx xxxxx xx xxxxx. TEL. xxx-xxx xxxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

If the dryer still counts down, then you're usually looking at a broken belt inside the dryer. You'll need to take the dryer apart and if you find that the belt has fallen off or is broken, replace it. If the belt checks good then take the drum out and use a multimeter to test all the thermostats and thermal fuses below the dryer drum. If one of the thermal fuses doesn't have continuity, that will stop the dryer from turning the motor on or heating so you'd need to replace the faulty thermal fuse.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.