Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire oven model fef375fbc.the bake element

Customer Question
caught fire and I ordered...
I have a Frigidaire oven model fef375fbc.the bake element caught fire and I ordered a new one and installed it. Great 15 min job. It doesn't work so there must be something else wrong. I got a reading of 19 ohms on the new part. Need help on what I should do next. I am not very mechanically talented. Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Gary, We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

You have a faulty control board. The board was shorted when the element caught fire and shorted. It's common. Check the two wires on the element for 220v. If you do not have voltage, part number###-##-####will need to be replaced. You can get the part from any local appliance parts house or sears parts. All the connections are plug and play. Four screws hold the control to the housing. It's a very straight forward repair. Make sure you unplug the oven before you start working on it.

We work on the honor system here at Just Answers. Were not credited for our work until you rate our answers positively. After you rate our answers positively the question does not close. You can come back and ask follow up questions for no additional charge.

Thank you

Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic