How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 10159
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Professional series Jenn Air model number

Customer Question

I have a Professional series Jenn Air model number JS48SEDBFA. There is a small leak on the bottom right hand side of the fridge on both the tubes that feed and return water to the fountain. Prior to my buying the used fridge it was left in a garage with water in the system and a few of the tubes have broken as a result. The part in question has been disscontinued but looking at it, it seems to be just a long section of tubing coiled up to chill water. Is it possible to substitute a part from another fridge or create my own? Is there anything special about them that is specific to the model the of the fridge.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assistftf2140fso you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

There is a replacement plastic water tubing for the unit you will have to feed it up into the door and attach it to the dispenser spout .

here is the coil kit .

If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On this fridge the coil is in the rear behind the veggie and meat drawer and comes out the bottom of the fridge where it connects to inlet and tube valve that feed the fountain dispenser in the door.

Will this part work ? The link you sent me doesn't have any description or photo. I just want to make sure the fittings are all the same size.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

yes this kit is a coil of tubing with a coupler.

Just cut the tube at the bottom of the door and use the coupler to join the two old and new tubing together.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually as I went to order it, I realized that is the part I'd referenced in my original question that is no longer available. Although Repairclinic show it will be in stock next week, I've ordered the same part previously from them and never received it. My question was if there is an alternative part I can use or way to make my own. Any ideas?

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

All it is, is 5/16 inch plastic tubing ,nothing special at all, should be able to get it at any hardware store that sells tubing.