Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I,m .My space saver microwave model hvm1540sm1ss dont work

Customer Question

hi i,m margaret.My space saver microwave model hvm1540sm1ss dont work the fan came on outomatically while I was heating frozen food on the three minutes express.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain what you mean by "don't work"? And is the fan running all the time no matter what at this point? Does the fan stop if you open or close the door? etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no power, the microwave just shot down..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I change the fuse but still no power.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK so there are 3 fuses inside this microwave that can cut power to the entire unit. Either one of these 3 fuses has failed, or the display board is shorted and will need to be replaced. The first fuse is part 110 on the diagram in the link below. This is your magnetron thermal fuse and if you don't have continuity, through it you will need to replace both the fuse and the magnetron which is part 1428.

CLICK HERE for diagram

The other 2 fuses are part 27 and 47 in the diagram below. The microwave will need to be uninstalled and completely removed in order to access and see these fuses because the outer shell must be removed to see the parts.

CLICK HERE for diagram

And if none of the fuses check bad, you'll need to replace the control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tylerZ, i haven,t tried any of those parts you mentioned as yet, but your information is looking good, will soon give you some feed back .
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok sounds good and good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi tyler Z, haven,t forgotten you, just having problem with getting the part, does it have to be original?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I wouldn't suggest using any other part other than the OEM part because it is designed for a specific temperature for that microwave and I don't know what that temperature is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, I am sorry, My Husband said ,buying the parts can get us a new one. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Not a problem and sometimes that is the case so it wouldn't be worth fixing if that were the case. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know.