Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung RF266 that is stuck in the OF OF or demo

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF266 that is stuck in the OF OF or demo mode. Pushing the energy saver and freeze buttons to clear it do nothing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

So unfortunately the refrigerator going into demo mode on it's own is the most common failure for this refrigerator and if it won't exit by pressing and holding the Energy Saver and Power Freeze buttons together, then your front display board itself would need to be replaced because it has just failed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would hope that for $37 I could expect some suggestions on other things I can try. Different button combinations, ways to enter a self diagnostic mode, where the secret little technicians guide is hidden, etc. Please do better if you want my money.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

I can not control what needs to be done to repair the refrigerator. I have told you the only things that will work. I could tell you all sorts of button combinations that will do absolutely nothing, but what would be the point in that? You may think that it's only worth your money to know of other things to try, but I think it's worth your money to understand that you can stop looking for other things to try and just replace the display board since that is the only option left at this point.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, but you missed this one. Out of frustration, I took your advice and went shopping for a new board at a couple of appliance part.com places but they were all out of stock with anywhere from 10 to 20 days out. I did come across one that lead to site that offered another suggestion of button combinations. Turns out the Power Freeze and Freezer buttons did exactly what I needed and the fridge has worked perfectly since then. I'm not satisfied with your service and since your service says I only pay if satisfied, I choose not to pay.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.

have a nice day.