Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My maytag dishwasher has an error light that says 'blocked

Customer Question

my maytag dishwasher has an error light that says 'blocked drain'- but I don't see anything there.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the machine is draining fine, you likely have a faulty cluster sensor, shown as number 31 in the diagram at the URL below.
http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/2/0/00022664/680/900
I would turn the breaker off for a few hours to reset the electronics first, though. Does the error go away after turning power back on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't quite tell if it is draining fine or not. It does drain; I am not sure that it is slower than usual. if I open the door and close it right away, the error light goes out, but may come back on in a minute or so, or it may not.
Would a partially-clogged drain cause that to happen? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try turning off the breaker tomorrow.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It may be partially blocked. I would remove the drain hose from the connection to the home's plumbing and see if there is any type of obstruction there. Let me know what you find.