Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Legacy Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has

Customer Question
stopped working. Here are the...
I have a Maytag Legacy Quiet Series 300 dishwasher that has stopped working. Here are the particulars:
1. All of the touch control panel lights light up when pressed;
2. It does fill up with hot water when you press the desired cycle;
3. It hums 3 times like it is trying to start but after that the lights on the control panel shut off;
4. I did Google the problem and tried their solution – turning the breaker switch off for 10 minutes and then trying it again – no go;
5. When I press the start button twice to reset (also suggested on Google) it does drain the water that was filled.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
8/5/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The humming is the wash motor attempting to start and then going off on the overload. The motor may need to be replaced. The model tag should be behind the door on the tub, usually in the upper left corner once the door is opened.
I guess this was worth $5 as it confirmed what I thought. There is no model number anywhere on the machine.
Kelly, Appliance Technician