John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Blodgett ctb oven-will not stop heating after temp is

Customer Question

Blodgett ctb oven-will not stop heating after temp is reached -red light will stay on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 2 years ago.

if red light stays on...then controller is calling for heat....check the ohms readings on the probe....first inspect the temp probe in the oven to see if there is obvious damage... if the leads touch due to exposure from wear...it will give a false reading to the controller... I have to tell you I do not have the ohms table to the probes... you will need to contact Blodgett technical support for that information.. but ... usually, if the probe is not reading correctly the controller will stay on... the operation is that the probe has a different ohm reading than what the potentiometer is giving the controller, the board tries to make these two different readings the same.. hence temp... so... if the unit heats, with red light on... beyond the set temp... then the controller or the probe is bad... now.. if the unit continued heating and the red light was out...then I would've suggested the element could've been shorted.. or the contactor was stuck in... I presume this unit is electric not natural gas...

You will need to contact Blodgett to get ohms reading values to determine if probe is good.. 802 six five eight 66 hundred if it asks for a code use 911....

let me know what you find..

Phillip