Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Model # RB17F-2A refrigerator Freezer

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Model...
I have a Whirlpool Model # ***** refrigerator Freezer compartment working to good everything freeze hard as a brick. Refrigerator lower unit is not cooling ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assistftf2140fso you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

Could this be a older MAYTAG unit?

IF so what is the BOM # ***** the tag?

1988 s/n GQ36540213

not the serial # ***** BOM#

the BOM# ***** ***** the model and serial number tag also!

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Do not see a bom #

ok on the tag is there any other numbers other then the model and serial number ?

And is the freezer Evaporator fan running?

fan is running what about type #c18tfa98

That works !

And if you have the freezer closed , open the fresh food door and in the center of the ceiling /console can you feel air coming out of that vent?

No air coming out & water dropping from top of fresh food compartment

ok I suspect that you have a defrost issue with your unit .

You will need to remove everything out of the freezer and pry up the freezer floor panel ,under the freezer floor panel is a sheet of insulation under the insulation is the evaporator coil that will need to be defrosted.

Now this unit is a timed defrost the defrost timer appears to be on the front right corner of the unit on the bottom just urn it till you hear a loader click the the small clicks and the unit should shut off for 20-25 minutes

Okay will try this

ok let me know if you have any questions.

John, Home Appliance Technician