Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Ensignia gas dryer that is not heating. the

Customer Question
model number is ***** off...
I have a Maytag Ensignia gas dryer that is not heating. the model number is ***** off and I can't find a technician that will work on it without having the model number
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
8/1/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.

Yes if the model number is ***** able to be read or missing ,a service person can not order parts ,and if they do install a part ,with out a model and serial number they can not warranty the part .

Do you have your use and care model for the unit?

And how long have you had this unit?

Use and care model? Do you mean the manual? If so, yes. I bought my house 8 years ago and the washer and dryer came with it

Oh yes use and care manual!!

Ok And you can not make out anything on the model serial tag on the face frame of the unit after the door is opened?

No its completely worn off. The M number on the manual is intellidry dryer md-16. MD8600

ok is this unit a gas or electric heat unit?

It's gas

Yes your first post said that sorry .

When you program it do you hear a distinctive click from under the drum area?

And I`m assuming that the dryer does tumble correct?

The dryer does tumble. When you program it and push start I definitely hear a click below the drum
I get a terrible cell signal on my cell at my house. Would you mind calling my landline?(###) ###-####

Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

And when it clicks does it click again right after the first click?

and does the dryer seem to give off any heat inside the drum?

Just one click and it heats for about 15 minutes then it is cold air only
No matter how many times I run it until it has a nice long break (hours) it's cold air only

ok so then it is heating .

To me it sounds as if it is heating for the first 15 minutes.

then not relighting .I would have to suspect you have a thermostat issue.

Ok have you tested the vent all the way out of the home to test the sir flow out of the dryer and trough the venting system .

A restricted vent will do the same thing.

we cleaned the ventilation from inside to the outside of the house as well as the dryer. I also noticed that right before it stops heating it makes a little constant rattling sound

ok I have to suspect the you have a thermostat that is sticking and turning the flame off and not resetting the way it is designed.

The problem is most dryers have two and some have three thermostat that can do this .

and with out a model number I can not even dive you part numbers or even look at a parts break down to tell you where they are located to test or just replace them.

Is running the dryer unsafe? I mean if the thermostat is not firing am I just filling my laundry room with gas? This is very frustrating as I can't believe this cannot be fixed. You'd think there would be a Maytag National Archive of some sort eh? I hate to put a decent dryer in the land fill. One more question. If by some stroke of insane luck I did find a model number, what is the cost to fix an issue like this?

no you said it was heating for like 15 min then the flame stopped correct?

So you would be safe it just is not letting the flame/ gas to come back on.

They have an archive but you need a model number to look anything up .

And the cost of the parts depends upon what part is the issue.

And if you do the work or have a service company work on it.

John, Home Appliance Technician