Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a side by side Inglis frig. Cold freezer, warm frig.

Customer Question

I have a side by side Inglis frig. Cold freezer, warm frig. section. Spent $275 on freezer now frig. is warm. Repairman is avoiding me. Help ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for delay .this is not the only thing going on today. Fan is running.No frost. Guy who came out checked electrical,cleaned dirt and frost off and it hasn't come back. Just the non freezer section is not working (it appears).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Better stick to typing. Spent too much already
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

What is the control on the left set at, the one that is for the freezer? That needs to be set all the way to the lowest setting so it opens the air baffle. It only controls air flow. If it is way up, it will keep the air mostly in the freezer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are 3 settings. A B C . I put it at A, the lowest. It changed nothing. It still only blows into the frig. when the freezer door is open and ceases when it is closed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Remove the rear panel from inside the freezer, that coil is frozen up behind it. Thawing that coil will restore cooling. If it freezes up again, one of the defrost components have failed. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't know if your available but I'm still waiting to see if the frig. will get cold enough for food. There was ice behind the panel and I melted it. I'll get back to you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Okay, if you melted the ice from behind the panel, it should allow air flow into the fresh food section. Keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Kelly. First chance to get back to you after cleaning off frost and measuring temperature at stages. It appears you are right about needing a part. Now ,how do I figure out the part I need and where do I go for it? I'm really busy rebuilding a new fence ,aiding a sick son and taking care of his 2 teen daughters so I'll watch the computer as often as I can for you . Derek
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** sounds like you have your hands full! Your refrigerator uses a mechanical timer, shown as number 6 in the diagram at the link below. With the freezer coLd, insert a screwdriver through the hole in the control box (number 1) so that you can manually turn the defrost timer. With the refrigerator running, turn the defrost timer clockwise until it clicks and the refrigerator clicks off. Once it has clicked off, listen in the freezer section for noises like cracking, sizzling, popping, etc for about 10-15 minutes. Any noises at all when you turn it into a defrost cycle?

CLICK HERE