Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

When my machine gets to the last spin cycle, it runs so fast,

Customer Question

when my machine gets to the last spin cycle, it runs so fast, sounds like its going to take off. When I moved the machine out from the wall there was a large circle of reddish dried substance on the floor. Its not very old and I want to know if I should replace it. It now stops at this time now.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So unfortunately that jet engine sound and the large redish circle on the floor means that your main bearing and seal has failed and will need to be replaced. Whirlpool actually makes this washer for Maytag so don't be confused by the video I'm about to give you a link to but below is a link to a video that shows you exactly what is entailed and which parts you need to order to fix this problem. If it looks like something you can do yourself, then great--order the parts at the beginning of the video and then you can replace them when they come in. If you can't do the repair yourself, it will cost about $300 or so to have a technician replace the parts with trip, parts, and labor. CLICK HERE for video We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?