Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Maytag range model MGR8674AS0 bake will not work. broil and

Customer Question
top burners work fine. replaced...
Maytag range model MGR8674AS0 bake will not work. broil and top burners work fine. replaced oven bake ignitor and still nothing. any help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
I have a duplicate question but it wants me to pay first when I joined the free trial so I had to create a new question. sorry for the duplicate.
7/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
First, this is not a free service. Good morning! My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your range today. This model has a very complex system with a DSI board (direct spark ignition board) which reads the gas valve coils and checks the resistance to make sure everything is good with the valve. This board also serves other functions like sends out the actual spark to light all the burners and cuts out the gas if it doesn’t detect the flame has ignited. If the system is working properly the bake and the broil will click three times when you turn the oven on. If you only hear one or two clicks, you have a bad DSI board or a bad gas valve. There are 2 solenoids on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance between the 2 wires going to each solenoid. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils. Below is a link to both the gas valve and spark module depending on which one you need to replace. CLICK HERE for gas valve CLICK HERE for spark module We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance. <a id="1000057" "="" data-cke-saved-href="http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b4p13/Maytag-Range-Stove-Oven-Spark-Module/W10331686/1937904?modelNumber=MGR8674AS0&ss=a13b4d1121794&mr=1?RCAID=1000057" href="http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b4p13/Maytag-Range-Stove-Oven-Spark-Module/W10331686/1937904?modelNumber=MGR8674AS0&ss=a13b4d1121794&mr=1?RCAID=1000057" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: underline; color: rgb(89, 152, 145); background: transparent;">
it clicks 4 times and stops. I understand the payment system - what I was saying is I signed up for the free trial.
OK. The answer is still the same. There are 2 solenoids on the gas valve so you need to check the resistance between the 2 wires going to each solenoid. You should get a reading of approximately 215 ohms. If you don’t get a reading within 10% of that number, you need to replace the valve because even though only one coil may be bad, the DSI board will stop all oven function as soon as it detects there is a problem with one of the coils.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc