Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Microwave 2013 will not heat stuck on demo

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
If your unit actually says "demo" then just press the options button until you see the demo mode option. Then you can activate or deactivate that option. If it won't remove, you'd need to try to unplug the microwave and try again after 60 seconds. If it still won't work, you need a new display board. Now if the unit isn't in demo mode but the microwave just won't heat even though it looks like it's working, your magnetron has failed and would need to be replaced. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?