Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

What does F26 mean on my maytag 3000 frontn load washer

Customer Question

what does F26 mean on my maytag 3000 frontn load washer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning! This F26 error means "door switch error" If the door has not been opened for three consecutive cycles or the door switch is open while the door is locked for more than 5 seconds. Do the following to try to fix the problem: Unplug the washer and wait 60 seconds before plugging it back inOpen and close the door Push the door and check if its completely closedIf the door still won't sense that the door is shut, then you need to order and replace the door latch aseembly behind the front panel. It's actually a fairly easy part to replace if you're handy. You'll need to unplug the washer and open the door to start with. Then there is a wire ring around the front lip of the rubber door gasket. Use a flat head screwdriver and pry the wire ring off. From there you can pull the gasket back out of the way. Remove the screws going into the door latch from the front and reach behind to replace the door latch assembly. Below is a link to the latch assembly you'll need to order and replace for this model. CLICK HERE for latch We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?