Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Samsung front load washing machine that does not drain.

Customer Question

I have a Samsung front load washing machine that does not drain. I disconnected the pump and there was nothing plugged. Replaced the pump with a new one and the pump still does not come on. Seems like no power is going to the pump
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So unfortunately as these Samsung front load washers are getting older, the drain pump relay on the main control board is beginning to fail and won't send power down to the drain pump as you have discovered. When these units were new, quite a few drain pumps failed but now it's almost always the control board. You already replaced the drain pump so unless you have a broken wire between the pump and the control board, the only thing left is the control board. Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order for your model number. It's located under the top panel of the washer so if you pull the washer forward and unplug the unit, you can remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can work on replacing the board which is just held in by some screws. CLICK HERE for control board We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.