Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a KitchenAid bottom mount French door refrigerator model

Customer Question
number KF FS 20 ey...
I have a KitchenAid bottom mount French door refrigerator model number KF FS 20 ey ms 01. Not going into the defrost cycle.an I put it in diagnostic mode everything checks ok I am able to put it into defrost thru diagnostic test mode element comes on and melts the ice build up on the evaporator. I determined that the problem may be the control and replaced the control board. However within 7 days the the frost build up returned. I see no literature or any type of manual or a service bulletin on this unit can you help me out.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
So clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils where the frost is building up is a defrost thermistor. This is the part that will stop the unit from defrosting properly if diagnostics still works and the element is heating up. You can remove this sensor and test resistance through it if you'd like, but it should be 5k ohms at room temperature and if not, replace the thermistor.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc