Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My be refrigerator model pfss6kwass experienced a power surge

Customer Question

My be refrigerator model pfss6kwass experienced a power surge and now the external temperature display is flashing numbers and cannot be reset. (We also cannot change the dispenser mode from water to ice) what part do I need?
Submitted: 2 years ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 2 years ago.
Hi, have you trued unplugging the machine for several minutes to see if that would reset it? If you have, the main board located on the rear is shorted. The main board on these units are known for causing this issue and others. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried replacing the main board & it didn't change anything.
Yes, I see that now. Check the wire harness connection under the door on the left side. Remove the toe kick and check the connections and clean them if dirty. If that doesn't fix it, the display board is the last thing left. Thanks