JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Customer Service
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Excessive water pooling on floor under Moffat fridge, apt.

Customer Question

excessive water pooling on floor under Moffat fridge, apt. size 24in. wide. service businesses here want $90 for 15 min. call. Can you help us or tell us nearest official service provider. Phone or web site. thankyoy
Category: Appliance
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
I have found a few steps that may help you troubleshoot the problem.5. I have water on my floor. To minimize the possibility of electric shock, unplug this appliance from the power supply before attempting any maintenance or cleaning.Check the drip pan. The drip pan may be out of position or have a hole in it. Most current (1989 to present) GE, RCA, & Hotpoint refrigerators have "fixed" drip pans either built in as a part of the compressor mount or physically attached to the condenser. The only way to determine for sure is by removing the bottom grill and looking. If your model has a removable drip pan, it will be cream in color, sitting on top of the black condenser coils.Check to see if ice has accumulated on the floor of the freezer under the storage bin. This could indicate a clogged drain tube. Contact MABE, by calling 1-***-***-****, for more information and/or to arrange service.Check the copper water line to the water valve. It may be loose or split. If this appears to be the case, shut water off and tighten the valve, or contact MABE, by calling 1-***-***-****, for more information and/or to arrange service.Check the plastic fill-line from the water valve to the icemaker. It may be loose or split. If this appears to be the case, shut the water off and tighten the water valve, or contact MABE, by calling 1-***-***-****, for more information and/or to arrange service. To shut water off, carefully pull refrigerator out from wall, locate water connection on back of refrigerator. It is usually on the right as you look at the back. Follow the copper water line to where it connects to your house water supply. In most homes it is located under the kitchen sink. There is a small shut-off valve at the connection; turn valve clockwise to shut water off.Check the water valve to see if it is leaking or flooding. It may be stuck in the "on" position. If this appears to be the case, contact MABE, by calling 1-***-***-****, for more information and/or to arrange service.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
I also have a link to their dealer locator.http://www.moffatappliances.ca/dealerlocator/index.jsp
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
As well as customer service phone numbers.http://www.moffatappliances.ca/contact/contact.asp
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 2 years ago.
Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thank you for choosing justanswer.comPlease take a moment to rate your experience