The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Bob- Thanks some time to help- I have a 10 year old Whirlpool Duet Dryer GGW

Customer Question

Hi Bob- Thanks for taking some time to help- I have a 10 year old Whirlpool Duet Dryer GGW9250PW3 and when dryer isn't in use, and I open the door to put clothes in I smell a faint smell of gas. Its been like this for years- smell hasn't gotten stronger but its still there and still faint.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer.What you need to do is mix up some dish washing detergent in a squirt bottle. Access the gas line at the back of the unit and apply the mix liberally to the gas connections. If there is bubbling tighten the fitting a bit. If it is good remove the front kick panel by taking the screws out of the bottom of the kick panel. Once it is off continue spraying the soap on all of the gas fittings. If any bubble tighten as needed.Be sure to double check all of the fittings after you tighten any of them. If you can not locate any leaks then it is best that you have a tech come in and locate the leak for you.Best, Smitty