Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

My Maytag 3000 MEDE300VW0 has me befuddled. When I push power

Customer Question

My Maytag 3000 MEDE300VW0 has me befuddled. When I push power the front lights up with all the options. However, when I push the start button I hear a chime and then click, but it won't run. Does that sound like the thermal fuse or start button? Jerry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dave. This could be the thermal fuse or even a broken drum belt since there is a broken belt switch to keep if from running if the belt breaks. Do you have a meter for testing?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can get one. which one do I check first & where are they located
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
could you send me information on how to disassemble dryer to get to thermal fuse
Sure. first unplug the dryer. Here is text but at the end is a link to a video that will be a big help. The thermal fuse is behind the bottom panel on the blower duct on electric models. The lower panel is held on with 2 screws near the floor. It is easier to get to the fuse if you remove the lint duct. Open the door and remove the lint filter. Close the door and remove the hex-head screws from the lint filter duct and remove it. The fuse is a small plastic part with light blue wires attached. It should have continuity if you have a meter to test it but if not, you can put both wires together and tape them for safety and try the dryer. If it runs you can check to make sure there is not an overheating problem and that the vent is clean and then replace the fuse. Let me know what happens. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCBomwNtVao
How far have you gotten? Can you update so I can continue to help?