Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a samsung dryer model dv448aep/xaa. The clothes from

Customer Question
I have a samsung dryer...
I have a samsung dryer model dv448aep/xaa. The clothes from the unit recently and almost immediately started to have a very strong metallic odor. It's on everything that comes out of the dryer. Everything else (Dry time, softness, etc is okay) We use the NORMAL setting exclusively. Any ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
7/28/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most common cause of odors is usually related to high heat caused by a restricted vent line. Is the vent clear to the outside of the home? Has any painting or staining been done recently that residue may be getting pulled in through the dryer vents as it draws room air?
No. The vent is clear. Thats the first thing I checked. Also, clothes are drying in the same standard amount of time as always. No painting or other outside sources of odor.
Does the finish of the drum appear to be coming off? Any staining of the clothes at all?
No. The tub looks very good and clean. No peeling or staining. We follow the operating procedures religiously. I did my own investigation before contacting you and checked the typical causes of odors. None seem to apply. We ran a load last night on a different dry cycle and the odor was much less noticeable. Clue?
The only difference between cycles is the heat settings. The tumbling, air flow, etc is the same. Does the normal cycle seem to get very hot, like too hot?
The normal seems the same as it's always been. However, We ran a couple more loads and changed the temp cycles. When the temp was lower, the odor went away.
Do you have a thermometer that you can monitor the temperature at the exhaust with? I think we are on to a solution.
Sorry for the delay. I have been traveling last couple of days. I can get a thermometer. What temp range should I look for? Perhaps one like you'd use to test automobile AC temp?
Any thermometer will be sufficient. With a load of clothes, on normal you should see about 150* at the exhaust for a high temp, cycling about 130-150*F.
Kelly, Appliance Technician