Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE side by side refrigerator. Model number gsh25jsta.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a GE side by side refrigerator. Model number gsh25jsta. The freezer seems to stay in defrost too long and got often(melts all the ice together, frost everywhere etc) I ordered and replaced the motherboard part number wr55x10942r. The new board has extra plugs on it. Everything seems to work, however the door tempurature controls are flashing 0 and 0. Ice dispenser and water don't work. Called several different companies including GE and they All say this is the corect board. But when I put the old board back in the door controls work! HELP!
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello? It's been 14 hours, I've prepaid for the answer, yet I do t have one! Help
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That board is correct. If you followed the instructions that came with the new board and are having that issue, the new board is probably faulty. Did you follow the installation instructions and get the connectors in the correct place? Can you post a picture of the way you have it installed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kelly, that's what I thought, so I had them send me another board. Exact same problem.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Where are you getting the board from? The "r" at the end is for rebuilt, are these not new boards you are getting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are from parts simple
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Are they new? How much did you pay for it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The board was $80.00. I believe it's the boards themselves. My old board looks different, this new board has extra places for plugs
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
That is not a new board, they are selling "rebuilt" or used ones. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's reaaly kind of a long shot that both boards are bad don't you think. They both do the exact same thing. The fridge powers up, but the door controla don't work.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Not with used boards, it is pretty common. It is obviously board related if the old board allows the door controls to work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it's because they are different, why they extra plugs?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
That board has been redesigned 5 or 6 times, the new plugs are for different models.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I should get a 3rd board?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
A new board, yes. I would not continue with the ones you have been getting.