Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a Kenmore gas dryer. It spins, but there is no heat. The igniter does not glow.

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore gas dryer. It spins, but there is no heat. The igniter does not glow. There is no flame.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 2 years ago.
Hello, this is Dave. Is the lint filter up on the top or inside the door.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Inside the door
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Okay. This could just be a thermal fuse. The fuse is behind the bottom front panel. Do you have a meter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I do not have a meter.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dave. Do response times normally take this long? If faster, can you please call me at(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello?
The lower panel is held on with 2 screws near the floor. The fuse is a small plastic part with light blue wires attached. You can put both wires together and tape them for safety and try the dryer. If it heats you can check to make sure there is not an overheating problem and that the vent is clean and then replace the fuse. It is easer to get access if you pull the lint filter and the remove the blower duct screw and pull off the duct. Let me know how it goes but unplug the dryer to do this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was able to get off the front panel, pull off the duct, and cleaned vent. I'm still unsure what the thermal fuse looks like, and where I should be looking.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm thinking that maybe I need to call out a professional.
There two different part numbers but they are in the same location. Here is a video link that will help. Get me the model number and I will get you the right part number. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gCBomwNtVao
Do you still need help?