Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a RFG297AAWP that will not make ice. We got it used

Customer Question

We have a RFG297AAWP that will not make ice. We got it used but we know the ice maker was working before we moved it. The water dispenser works fine. It worked, then quit, then worked and has now quit altogether.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the ice maker was working fine before moving, the issue is likely air in the water lines. When you reconnected it, did you run a few liters of water through the door? If you manually fill the ice maker, does it dump cubes in a few hours? Is the ice maker full of cubes waiting to be dumped or dry?