Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

LG LFX31925ST/00 fridge/freezer with sticking water dispensing

Customer Question

LG LFX31925ST/00 fridge/freezer with sticking water dispensing "button". The ice and water dispense through the left door.
The flat plastic piece (let's call it the "button" even though it's roughly 3" square from the front) that we press to trigger the water dispensing gets stuck in the IN position which means water continues to dispense even though we have removed force from the "button." Almost like there might be a spring somewhere in the design that is missing or worn out.
Is this a common problem? Is it a cleaning issue or do I need a part? If I need a part, what is the part # ***** where do I go for it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a couple of springs in there, see the diagram below. You will probably need to disassemble to inspect what part may be sticking but I suspect the switches (402 E & 402 C) are probably at fault.