Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Power went out fridge display will not come on mass any button

Customer Question

power went out fridge display will not come on mass any button and all lights come on but when u let go goes back out u can mass water lever light comes all lights lite up and alarm goes off but when u let go goes blank done this before kept mess with finealy come back on what can I do to solve my problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
This model doesn't have an energy saving mode or anything like that so there shouldn't be any reason that that the lights won't stay on after you press a button. Try to unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset but if that doesn't work, your front interface control board is just failing and would need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is board hard to change
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Not really no, the part is all plug and play so it takes me about 30 minutes or less. Just remove the drip tray at the bottom of the dispenser and remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the dispenser frame that appear. Then unplug the refrigerator and the dispenser frame will slide up and pull forward and off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can I order board and do it myself
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you are handy then yes I would think so.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?