John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer, Cabrio 3.8 Cubic foot HE top load washer, isn't

Customer Question

My washer, Cabrio 3.8 Cubic foot HE top load washer, isn't working. No matter what size load I wash, or the cycle I use, at least half of the clothes in the washer are still dry at the end of the cycle! Food particles are still on items, and other pieces will come out with water splotches on one part, and completely dry, un-washed on the other. Also, the detergent doesn't always get 'dumped' into the load, and the fabric softener -never- gets dispersed. I am beyond frustrated and ready to return the machine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.How old is this unit? and are both Hot and Cold water inlet valves turned on to the unit?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The unit is less than one year old. I'm not sure how to check the water inlet valves; I'm at home and will check if you'll tell me how...
you have a Hot and a Cold water supply valve where the washer hoses attach to the house plumbing .make sure they are both ope fully clockwise till they stop on most with circular handles.And if it is less then a year old it should still be under the manufactures warranty have you been in contact with Whirlpool corp?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think I found them...the two water faucet 'handles' behind the washer, in the wall, right? I just turned them to the left (they were both nearly all the way to the right)
yes that would or sounds like them ,let`s try to run a cycle and see if the unit will then work, let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay, i just put in a small load, will set it up to wash cold,normal cycle. it'll take about 40 minutes, though; how do i get back with you if the load comes out the same as before (i.e. not clean and partially dry)?
Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!it will come right back to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for all your help, Woody; I got it to work!Please let me know about billing.
Thx!
What did you do to fix it?