Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an amana abb1922feb. the refrigerator is not cooling

Customer Question

I have an amana abb1922feb. the refrigerator is not cooling but the freezer is
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. So lets talk about your possibilities that can cause the freezer to still cool but the refrigerator to warm up. Either have a defrost problem or the fan inside the freezer behind the back panel isn't running and needs to be replaced. Pull everything out of the freezer and remove the back panel. If the fan isn't running then replace it. If there is a lot of frost build up, then use a hair dryer to thaw it all out. You will then need to test continuity through the defrost heater and defrost thermostat. The defrost heater runs along the bottom of the silver coils and the defrost thermostat is the 1" round device clipped onto the top of the silver coils. If either part doesn't have continuity, you need to replace it or it stops the unit from thawing on it's own. If both of these parts happen to have continuity, the display board at the top of the refrigerator is what controls the defrost cycle so the display board would need to be replaced because it's not telling the unit to go into defrost like it should.To remove the back panel itself, just remove all the screws going into the back panel to start. There is a plastic vent directly in the middle toward the top of the back panel that you must unclip. There are 3 hidden clips you must pry on with a flat head screwdriver to release this vent panel and below is a picture where I drew an arrow to all the clip locations you need to pry on. To the right of this vent is a little oval plastic cover which houses a temperature sensor. Slide a flat head screwdriver into the slit on the front of the cover and pry in the hole to release this cover and get the sensor out of the way. Now you can pull the back panel off. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks. I will follow those steps.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Not a problem and good luck!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?