AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Maytag mhw6000xw errow cods eo1 fo6

Customer Question

maytag mhw6000xw errow cods eo1 fo6
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
E01 and F06 means that your main central control board (CCU) and the motor control board (MCU) are not communicating with one another properly. The motor control board is located under the tub mounted to the floor of the washer. The CCU is mounted under the top panel of the washer and is the part with about 100 wires going into it. You'll want to remove the top panel and the lower front panel to check the wire connections and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then you just have to somewhat guess which control board you want to replace first, either the MCU or the CCU.
Rating my answer "OK Service" or better is the only way I receive credit for helping you. Please let me know if you need additional assistance or have any other questions. Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My brother-in-law checked and the motor control is $220 and the central control unit is $253.33. I need to know which one you would think we should try first. It is only 3 years old and at this point I can't say much good about expensive Maytag washers.
As obviously I am paying you for expert opinion I need more info. I also got an error INT which was when I interrupted it to try and get the door unlocked. Also the error code of PF came on. We now have the back off of it and the motor control wires are plugged in. We have not pulled the top off yet (still have the dryer on top). HELP PLEASE
I would change the MCU first but it's really just a guessing game right now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What happens if that part is not the problem. Do they let you return the unnecessary part and go on to the other?
Yes you will be able to return it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what the PF code is?
PF is a power failure fault.
Please take the time to rate me so I get credit for helping you, thanks.