John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a frigidaire range model PLEF489GCA which had a F10

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire range model PLEF489GCA which had a F10 err code. When disassembling to replace temp probe noticed the controll board looked burnt. Replaced probe & had to order controll board. Replaced board & now display is not working. Any thoughts, if lightning fried board (which is what parts guy thinks) could It have fried the touch pad as well? I haven't disassembled to look at that yet.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also hot surface light is on for the warming zone on top. Sorry forgot about that
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.The display is part of the control board. the touch pad /keypad would not cause the display to not lite up. if you have no display let`s test the control board to see if it is getting voltage or not .Test J3-6 Black to J3-8 White looking for 120 Volt A/C
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where R those wires? On the controll board?
s stated (if you have no display let`s test the control board to see if it is getting voltage or not .Test J3-6 Black to J3-8 White looking for 120 Volt A/C)