Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Good morning, I have a kenmore 253 upright freezer, manufactured in 2009. Freezer is

Customer Question
Good morning, I have a kenmore...
Good morning,
I have a kenmore 253 upright freezer, manufactured in 2009. Freezer is plugged, inside light works, but fan motor and compressor are not coming on.
Is there something I can check?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the unit is still cold, it may be in a defrost cycle. That should only last about 20 minutes. However, if it is not cooling, unplug for 15 minutes to reset the electronics. If still not running after plugged back in, replace the electronic control assembly, available below. The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! CLICK HERE Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help! Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!
On the control panel, there is a number number that indicates the temperature setting. There is a small dot (like a period) next to this number. Do you know what the indicates?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
It is not a programmed feature, it may be used for factory testing but is not relevant for consumer use. If it does not reset after a power cycle, that control will need to be replaced.
I appreciate your expertise, however just throwing money at it is not really what I'm looking to do. I was thinking more along if getting technical assistance. Is there anyway I can bypass the control panel to make sure that the compressor and the fan are still functioning properly? Is there any way that I can speak to you in person like a phone call as indicated at the bottom of the page? I would greatly appreciate that because I did spend $28 for assistance.
I will place your question back to the list, perhaps another will be better suited to help you.
So now what?
Kelly, Appliance Technician