Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I reset water filter g e fridge model no. pfss6pkxbss

Customer Question

how do I reset water filter for my g e fridge model no. pfss6pkxbss profile , put a new water filter in and my ice machine isn't working , but I got good water pressure at the door for drinking , can you give me a clue ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today. So the most likely issue if this resulted from changing the water filter is that your fill tube is frozen going to the icemaker. But rather than guess, I like to try a few things first. GE icemakers are a bit different. Try turning the switch off. Wait 60 seconds and turn the switch back on. Push the white paddle in 3 times slowly within 15 seconds. Then wait 2 minutes. You should see the icemaker start to cycle. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?