Steven, Sharp / Samsung Tech
Experience:  Authorized Samsung / Sharp Microwave Oven Technician
59014109

Our microwave overheated on the top section of the oven and

Customer Question

Our microwave overheated on the top section of the oven and the outside of the top of the oven goat red hot. It appears there is a build up of carbon on the upper screen.
Is there a good way to clean this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** you still need help with this? from your question explanation it sounds like the magnetron antenna arched through the cabinet, this would be very dangerous to use in this condition, would you be able to post a picture for me to see the issue and advise?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One picture is the outside top with chalk around the burn spot the other is the inside after the fire which went out once the microwave was turned off.
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay I was away for few days and thank you for the pictures. That without question looks like the magnetron antenna has arched to case and to the top cover, this oven is dangerous to use and should not be used in that condition, Usually magnetron assemblies are warranty for at least 7 years however each manufacturer is different. If the unit is less then 7 years old I would contact the manufacturer for assistance, although the unit is not repairable they may be will to provide some assistance. I would certainly advise that you do not use the oven in this condition
Expert:  Steven replied 2 years ago.