Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kitchen Aid microwave/convection oven model YKCMS135GBL-0

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid microwave/convection oven model YKCMS135GBL-0 and the door won't open without being pried. It's a wall unit and expensive to replace so I'd like to fix the door. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA My name is Woody. I will be glad to assist you today. I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 34 Years, and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 60,000 phone and internet repairs under my belt.The model number you have given me shows to be a countertop model ,is your unit built into cabinets or hung on the wall by itself?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is built in to the wall/cabinets. b
ok do to any work on the unit you will have to have it removed from the cabinet ,then you will need to remove the outer wrapper /shell and I suspect if as usual you will need to replace the door open lever they break often .The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY! http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Open-Lever/8184269/909522?rcaid=1000070 And here is a part break down so you can see where it is located right behind the long button you press to open the door.http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/O2028093-00002.png If you have any questions just reply back.