Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Jenn-air dishwasher jdb2150awp often leaves caked on residue…

Customer Question
Jenn-air dishwasher jdb2150awp often leaves...
Jenn-air dishwasher jdb2150awp often leaves caked on residue on lower rack items. Minor damage to lower washer arm makes me wonder if it hits underside of rack and/or doesn't turn, and therefore dishes and deeper inverted items such as a pitcher don't get rinsed. How to troubleshoot?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
7/22/2015
Appliance Technician: Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
what sort of damage? if a melted hole ? it will lose lots of water pressure and will affect washing definately ,to see if it is turning , start the dishwasher wait for it to fill and start washing ,when washing unlatch the door ,manually put the lower spray arm to the 12 -6 o'clock position ,close the door let it start washing for 20 secs ,open the door and see if it is coming to a stop or has changed positions ..sounds like your spray arm is the issue ,if it has any damage , water temp should be min 120 deg for proper cleaning,this can also be tested with a laser thermometer ,again after it fills ,open the door and test the temp , if low then either turn up water tank or run the water at the sink till it gets hot then start the dishwasher
Randy 43
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician