Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I turn off my main breaker and turn on again and since then

Customer Question

I turn off my main breaker and turn on again and since then the refrigerator won't start.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model Kenmore(###) ###-####
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Do you hear any fans or motors running or is the unit 100% silent? Do the interior lights turn on when you open the doors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing, no fan, open door and no light
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK, can you tell me what 2 numbers your serial number starts with please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
11
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect. Run an extension cord to another outlet that you know is working to start. If the refrigerator still won't turn on and you know it's getting power, you just have a faulty main control board on the back of the refrigerator. The control board will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue but you're missing one number at the end of your model. If you can get me that last number I can look up the control board you'd need for your unit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
0We have already changed the main board less than a year ago.I was expecting an answer like a special startup sequence but I do not find your answer useful and is quite quite expensive for no other resolution than calling a specialist ang get it fix.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I can't control what fails of course. If you're handy you can definitely replace the part yourself, it's all plug and play. But the control board you'll need for this model is 12920710. They do tend to fail somewhat often so it's not too surprising you've had to replace it once before. Honestly in a few years you may have to replace it again, it's just a poorly manufactured part and I see them fail all the time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The main board was replaced less than a year ago by a Technician from Sear Canada then I will call them and make them replace it under warranty !!! ...In conclusion, your answer is not worth $38 and I am asking for a refund.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I can't control what part fails, I told you exactly what part needed to be replaced which you did not know before coming here. I'm not sure how that is not worth $38 since you are no using that information to go back to Sears now that you know what the problem is. I have held up my end of the deal, you have not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How can I get my refund?