How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81213
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I install a new GE#WR32X10011 Water Pan in a GE Model

Customer Question

How do I install a new GE#WR32X10011 Water Pan in a GE Model PTC22MFMARBB Refrigerator (top freezer w/freezer door water/ice dispenser)? Does the refrigerator need to be turn on its' side to access the water pan?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
So you never want to tip the unit on it's side or the refrigerator oil will cause a restriction in the sealed system. To replace this pan, you remove it from the bottom. You'll need to pull the refrigerator forward, remove the access panel on the bottom back to see the pan and help move it from the back. Pull all the food out of the refrigerator and freezer and tape the doors shut with duct tape. Now tip the refrigerator forward and put wood blocks under the back right and left corner and then once it's raised about 4 or 5 inches you can work on pulling the pan out from below the unit.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?