Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Have model NN-S262, was making popcorn push on button to open

Customer Question

have model NN-S262, was making popcorn push on button to open and now there is no power, duplex outlet fine, tested with another electronic device.
tried other plug, also works..... no power at all, nothing works on the microwave no lights, fan..... is there a fuse in the unit that would cause this, thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a fuse that has opened in the microwave, probably initiated by a faulty monitor switch. Both of those parts are available below and accessed by removing the outer cabinet. However, microwaves can be hazardous while servicing. They can hold a hefty charge in the large capacitor, even while unplugged. If you are not familiar with capacitors and safely working around them, you may want to have it professionally repaired. CLICK HERE