Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag dryer model ld7304 not heating up ?

Customer Question

maytag dryer model ld7304 not heating up ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
That model number doesn't appear to be correct. Can you open the door and look for the model number on a sticker just inside the door way so I can assist you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
LDE7334ACE VENT LINT SCREEN CLEAN
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK well the most likely cause for your problem is going to be a bad heating element. But before you replace the heating element, you would want to test the dryer to confirm it's getting 220 volts and not just 110 volts because the dryer will run but it just won't heat with 110 volts. To do this, pull the dryer out and remove the small access panel on the back of the dryer where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer itself. Test power between the 2 outside wires and make sure none of the wires look shorted. You should have 220 volts. Other than that, the dryer will need to come apart to test the heating element or replace it. Unplug the dryer and remove the 2 screws below the crease toward the bottom of the front panel of the dryer. The front panel will then pull forward at the bottom and hinge up and off to remove it. Now you can see the heating element below the dryer drum. Look for broken wires to the heating element because this model is known to break the wires that power the element. Just repair the wiring if you find a broken wire. Other than that if you have a multimeter you'll want to test continuity from one heating element terminal to the other. If you don't have continuity then replace the element. Below is a link to the part. CLICK HERE for element We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.