Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Washer cuts off during cycle . water is in bottom of unit it

Customer Question

washer cuts off during cycle . water is in bottom of unit it looks like rinse water. have already replaced drain pump , fusible link and cleaned chopper blade pump is not locked up and drain hose is not blocked
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it si not draining and the drain is clear and pump is new, it may be that water is seeping back into the tub, the valve is leaking when the machine is off or there is a small obstruction in the hose that is tied up to the left side of the tub. Most often times, that part of the drain system gets overlooked. Where the hose is attached to the tub, the hose narrows to fit into the clips and that is where it gets plugged. Have you inspected that and the other possibilities I mentioned?