Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

The ice maker on our kenmore elite refrigerator (model(###) ###-####

Customer Question
***** stopped dispensing ice (but...
the ice maker on our kenmore elite refrigerator (model(###) ###-#### ***** stopped dispensing ice (but it still makes ice). The water dispenser still works. Just not the ice dispenser. I cleaned out the ice bin. It's not clogged. It makes no sound whatever. Just dead.
I'm wondering if it could be the augur in the ice bin. Would you recommend I simply order another ice bin/augur? Or is it something else?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
7/20/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it makes no noise, the auger motor is likely faulty or the wiring to the auger motor is broken. I would start with an inspection of the wiring where the door is connected to the main refrigerator's harness. Is that connection clean and secure? Be sure to unplug the refrigerator before disconnecting, there is always 120 VAC in that connection.
Kelly, Appliance Technician