Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE washer, model # ***** When I push the

Customer Question

I have a GE washer, model # *****
When I push the start button the machine beeps 3 times and the "fill" light flashes.
Could this be a code for a blown fuse or defective lid switch?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a mutimeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why am I being charged additional fees when you haven't answered the question???
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! You will need to remove the front of the machine. There are two clips between the top and front panels. Slide a putty knife between the clips and the front panel to release the clips and allow the front panel to be removed to access the motor. On the motor is an electronic control board. On that board is a flashing light. The number of flashes between pauses will tell us what the issue likely is. Can you please post the number of flashes between pauses? The tech sheet showing what those errors mean is available below.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mrbfjz4s8r9ys4c/GTWN4950L0WS_Tech_Sheet.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Three
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
The motor is faulty, available below. CLICK HERE