Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 6 burner Viking stove with two ovens. The smaller

Customer Question

I have a 6 burner Viking stove with two ovens. The smaller oven lights, however it can take 30 minutes for the gas burners to get to a higher temp. Can the burners be clogged like a outdoor frill does?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
You say it can take 30 minutes for the "gas burners" to get to a higher temperature. What gas burners are you referring to exactly? So you actually see the flame getting larger over the course of 30 minutes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Texting is fine with me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The flame does not get bigger right away. it takes its good old time. Than does get bigger after time.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
what burners are you referring to exactly? The cooktop burners? The burners inside the small oven? The burners inside the large oven? Both bake and broil? etc...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the burners inside the small oven, all others work fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no broil in the small oven
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK the if all others work fine, something is wrong with your oven gas safety valve for the small oven down below the oven. The oven gas safety valve is located behind the kick panel below the oven doors and this is what supplies the gas to the burners. It would need to be replaced to resolve this issue, nothing else would cause this symptom on the small oven and not affect any other oven.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can this be unscrewed without shutting off the gas, or is this something for a "real professional"?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
No, it definitely can not be unscrewed without shutting off the gas. This is something you'll likely need a technician to replace if you're worried about gas line connections because you will have to disconnect several gas lines and re-connect them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. You were very helpful
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
No problem and I wish you only the best. I'm very sorry about the bad news however. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?