Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Samsung RF266ADPN refrigerator that is freezing everything

Customer Question

I have a Samsung RF266ADPN refrigerator that is freezing everything in the fridge compartment, and always shows the temperature to be warmer than it really is (e.g., shows 46 degrees, is really 30 degrees).
It is a dual evaporator system, and the freezer is working fine. When I take it apart, the evaporator coils are usually iced up a little. When I run a diagnostic, it does not show any errors.
I have replaced the temperature sensor, defrost sensor, defrost heater, and main control board, defrosting the refrigerator after each repair. Any idea what might be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is showing an incorrect temperature, it has to be electronic in nature. The temperature is measured by resistance at the sensor. If the control and the sensor have been replaced, it would lead me to believe there may be an issue with the wiring or connections. Can you test the resistance of the sensor right at the board and post its reading as well as the temperature inside?