AppTech8579
AppTech8579, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 15 years
76126576

Could you help me decide whether or not I should fix my 8 year

Customer Question

could you help me decide whether or not I should fix my 8 year old Kenmore 417.94802301 washer/dryer or should I buy a new one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 2 years ago.
The dryer making noise while in operation is the drum bearing that will need to be replaced and involves a lot of work. Replacing the unit would entirely be your all.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How much would it cost to fix it and how much longer do you think the washer/dryer would last ? I think it is 8 year old. What is the average life expectancy of this model? Thanks!
This is a top load, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that is correct!
A top load life expectancy is around 14 years. Here is a link to the bearing and at the bottom of the part it has a video on how to replace it. Please rate me a 6 so I get credit for helping you, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just wanted to make sure that when the washer and dryer are in operation, the whole thing shakes and it makes noise- which you think will be fixed if we change drum bearing, is that correct? Or is it more issues to it?
That would be the drum bearing.